Friday, December 30, 2016

Secret Santa Painting Challenge 2016

Every year (for the past... I wanna say four years) the shop I work at hosts, what we call, a "Secret Santa Painting Competition," though there's really nothing competative about it.

Really what it is is an event where people enter a model for another randomly-determined participant to paint for them. They can give some instruction, or none at all. It's pretty fun and it can be a great excuse to get a model painted that you weren't excited to do, and ti's also a chance for you to paint something you never would've painted, or haven't painted in a long time.

In my case, I got to paint a Space Ork (that's right... I'm bringing back the "Space" in "Space Ork"). I haven't painted one since the early 2000s, and I even got to try out painting a checker pattern on his suspenders (the jury's still out on whether I did a good job or not).

Here are all the finished models.

Here's the one I painted for my friend and co-worker, Gopaul.

CHECK out them checkers...

Here's the one that was painted for me.
Anyway, good fun, and a great way to end off 2016. See you all on the other side.

+++END TRANSMISSION+++

No comments: