Friday, July 11, 2008

GAMMING!

I hate it when people misspell. Even more when they misspell gaming. Anyways, the new 40K comes out tomorrow, well... Comes out today at Strategies' midnight (10pm) release party (big ole game of Apocalypse). Well... I already have my copy, but that's not the point. The point is that your average plebians will have their copies on the 12th and that makes me happy.

I don't have time for a full-fledged review right now (maybe Sunday?); this is more of a check-in to see what I've been doing/haven't been doing. If the previous posts on this blog are any indication of what's to come next, it'll be madness, frenzy, and other made up words.

First up, I painted some more WARMACHINE stuff. Yay! I doubt I'll finish in time for the competition but I'm getting there. The sad part is that the project was entirely managable. I just got distracted with sunlight, friends, and social spheres, that don't involve pushing around metal soldiers on a tabletop (What?! Are you friends with SATANISTS, and SKINHEADS these days?). I'll try me darndest, but Citadel washes can only speed up painting so much

Second on the platter, I'm changing another painting project of mine. I'll no longer be looking to complete my Chaos Space Marine army, but instead will do my Eldar army which (in all fairness) has been on the docket much, much longer than the Chaos army, and is less redundant in my gaming circle (where we have two, or three, Chaos players). I'm known for my Eldar anyways, and it's time I updated my gaming force to the current models. This will mark my third Eldar army; my first being a Biel-Tan force from 1st/2nd edition, my second was a blue, and purple color-scheme from 3rd/4th edition, and this final one will be purple, and bone made up of all new Eldar models (4th/5th edition models. The ones that were released in 2006).

Third... Um... I bought more Chainmail models. I love those damned things. I really miss that game more than any other, I'd think. Well... The new D&D Minis game is actually quite good, so I guess I just miss the painted models. Oh well, Mike McVey has moved on to bigger and better things (please come back to Privateer Press), and his work on Chainmail shall not be missed.

For all you roleplayers out there, I didn't know that Chris Pramas worked on Chainmail. That's pretty cool. I like his stuff (Green Ronin/True20/Mutants & Masterminds/Song of Fire and Ice RPG (forthcoming)/and most importantly Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay).

Alright, time for me to get to work.

+++END TRANSMISSION+++

No comments: