Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A loss... Of sorts...

Yeah, so my WARMACHINE game didn't go so hot. It was for Summer Rampage, so I thought I'd be all clever-like and play in Western Cygnar; which many of you Rampagers might know to be a pretty safe bet for Cygnar to play in against the Legion, and also has quite a favorable condition on it (New Recruits: allowing 50 extra points per army). However I rolled what could possibly be the worst scenario I could have rolled: The Curse of Garlghast Island. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of plying this scenario, it doesn't allow LOS any greater than 8", and it makes all spells and animi +1 Focus/Fury to cast. We both had pretty shooty armies, and so this particularily sucked.

There were a few mistakes I made that I noticed. I should've kept far back from him at all times instead of staying put. I also should have popped Haley's feat one turn sooner, allowing Alten Ashley to shoot the crap out of his Carnivian and whatever's left to be dealt with the Hunter. Alas, it was not to be. I'll have to play someone else before I go back to that Legion player and try my luck again.

Not much of a report, but I really don't have the patience to do full ones. Mine are more like battle summaries.

In other news, I haven't painted much today (read: anything today), but I'm hoping to finish up my Banshees tomorrow. I really need to as I have to get going on this project.

+++END TRANSMISSION+++

No comments: