Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yet Another Painting Challenge

So I've gotten myself into another painting challenge. Last time I tackled the mammoth task of painting every model in my WARMACHINE collection. This was not completed...

Here's the list (units in bold were completed)
10x Long Gunners with UA
8x Trenchers with UA
6x Mechanik crew
6x Mechanik crew
1x Eiryss
1x Haley
6x Sword Knights
6x Sword Knights
1X Hunter 'Jack
1x Centurion 'Jack
1x Ironclad 'Jack
1x Journeyman Warcaster


As you can see I actually got pretty close. The unfortunate part is that during all of this I managed to buy, build, and prime a unit of Storm Lances, Alten Ashley, and another Ironclad, so that didn't help. Nevertheless I am one model away from 500 points of painted WARMACHINE (either Alten Ashley, or Eiryss).

Yet now I am embroiled in another three month painting challenge with three details different from the last: 1. I'm doing an Eldar army for Warhammer 40,000; 2. It's many, many more models (see below); 3. I only have six weeks to complete it instead of twelve! This is because I'm leaving to Germany on the 9th of September.

How will I manage such a feat? The Citadel Washes of course. I started my Striking Scorpions today, and they look fantastic. All I did was tank brush them with Scorpion Green, before I washed them with Thraka Green. I'll post pictures when I get access to a digital camera again (weekend?). Now I just have to do the details, which will be mostly black, gold, and yellow. I'm hoping to actually finish the unit tomorrow.

In other news: There's a huge Warhammer tournament in Vancouver this weekend, and though I'm working during it, I'll be able to go out to the afterhours and tear stuff up! I'll be bringing my Dwarfs as they're the only army other than my High Elves that are really close to being painted, and they're fairly competitive. I'll post some reports about that after it happens (Sunday?). My game group, The Fighting Cocks, is going to represent itself there as well (we're named after the halfling regiment in Warhammer, not something vulgar), with four of the members showing up. 'Twill be good!

Anyways, I leave you with my Eldar painting list and an apology that these articles aren't more interesting; but this blog really is just my thoughts on painting and gaming, and those thoughts are often that I wish I painted more.

1 Autarch
6 Striking Scorpions
10 Howling Banshees
10 Dire Avengers
5 Rangers
6 Swooping Hawks
3 War Walkers
1 Falcon
3 Wave Serpents


+++END TRANSMISSION+++

No comments: