Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hordes Painting Challenge Day 1

Alrighty, so I managed to get my camera working. Here's the beginning:

Hordes Legion of Everblight unboxing
From Hordes Painting Challenge


A mighty stack if I've ever seen one
From Hordes Painting Challenge


The Striders
From Hordes Painting Challenge


Blurry picture (sorry) of the Strider Deathstalker
From Hordes Painting Challenge


Strider unit attachment
From Hordes Painting Challenge


Two (that's right, two) Shepherds
From Hordes Painting Challenge


Lylyth, also blurry, but look at the sharp detail of the superglue bottle my camera decided to focus on... *sigh*
From Hordes Painting Challenge


The Shredders (only half of which is in my 35 points)
From Hordes Painting Challenge


Another blurry picture of the Forsaken
From Hordes Painting Challenge


Two (that's right, two) Carniveans. Potentially the greatest beast in Hordes Mk.II
From Hordes Painting Challenge


The whole thing primed (with P3 black primer), and set up at my FLGS (Strategies Games & Hobbies in Vancouver, BC) with my good buddy Sam's arms in the background.
From Hordes Painting Challenge


The two 80% done Shepherds (just skin touch-ups, and cloak highlighting to be done)
From Hordes Painting Challenge


The 90% done Carnivean (just teeth, claws, and mouth to be done)
From Hordes Painting Challenge


The 10% done Carnivean (only skin done)
From Hordes Painting Challenge


Did I mention I'm doing a drow-themed force? Except I don't have any cool spider conversions due to lack of time, and idea how I would go about that. I've also primed the figures with P3 black primer, and am using 95% P3 paints (the only non P3 paints are the washes from Citadel, Hormagaunt Purple from Citadel, and Warlock Purple from Citadel). Tomorrow I'm hoping to finish the Carniveans, the Shepherds, and start into the Forsaken and Lylyth. Oh Nelly I've a long way to go yet.

+++End Transmission+++

No comments: